Fast, cost-effective implementation improves efficiencies and customer service for leading U.S. sporting goods retailer
A leading U.S. sporting goods retailer sought a technology partner to lead the transformation from its legacy systems to Oracle Retail v14. While the change would focus on core business processes (particularly sales audit and pricing/promotions), the retailer also wanted to establish initial omni-channel business capabilities, which would require business process re-engineering and training, along with change management.
The scope of software included:
- Oracle Retail Point of Service
- Oracle Retail Back Office
- Oracle Retail Central Office
- Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management
- Oracle Retail Sales Audit
- Oracle Retail Returns Management
- Oracle Retail Price Management
- Oracle Retail Merchandising
BTM Global was selected because of our prior success on similar projects, and this was one of the first projects to go live on v14. Our proven expertise and approach inspired confidence in the retailer and in Oracle Retail, and we provided a complete range of implementation capabilities with superior technical expertise, along with training and change management guidance to ensure teams had the knowledge to support and maintain the Oracle Retail solutions for long-term success.
Our services included:
- Requirements analysis
- Solution and business process definition
- Solution design
- Technical architecture definition and deployment guidance
- Legacy and third-party system integration and application modifications development
- Joint integration development, environment and deployment guidance
- Support preparation and organizational readiness leadership
- EMV payment integration
As a result of our work, the company can now leverage the rich features that provide enhanced promotion capabilities, improved sales audit data, more efficient cross-store return processes, increased automation that reduces errors, scalable POS platforms, a centralized view of store data, and real-time insight into and control over store inventory. The company is also well-positioned to leverage expanded omni-channel capabilities, such as mobile and e-commerce integration, and will be rolling out EMV payment capabilities in the near future.
Go here to read more on how our approach helps retailers turn challenges into successes.